A Guitarist’s Guide to Reading Music uniquely approaches the subject of reading standard music. Using a string-by-string approach, the first volume focuses on the highest three (i.e., treble) strings.
Helping reinforce concepts are compositional assignments. Subjects covered include:
- Five most common note and rest values (i.e., whole, half, quarter, eighth, and sixteenth notes)
- Simple time signatures (i.e., meters)
- Natural, sharped, and flatted notes (i.e., accidentals).
- Key signatures
- Doubled notes (i.e., harmonies)
- Three-note chords
- Horizontal (i.e., single-string) and vertical (i.e., positional) reading
Suited for fingerstyle (e.g., classical) and flatpicking players. All playing levels. (133 pages)